Saturday, May 31, 2008

dresses!

i bought my rehearsal dinner dress last week (i'll post pics as soon as i get it back from the tailor!). it's this dress from laundry by design, except with different colors. it is so comfortable and is the perfect mix of elegance and ease for mexican antojitos in a hilltop jardin.


and i can't wait for my first fitting. my dress is from nicole miller, and i love it. but i got it at a bargain price...three sizes too big. right now, if i put the dress on, it falls straight to my hips and hangs out there. not so hot. i am so excited to put it on and have it fit like it did in the boutique.

unfortunately, i HATE the bows on the back of the gown. so much that i'm not even going to show you the picture. instead of having an obnoxiously large bow growing out of my a**, my tailor is going to make the back look like this:


which i love. my only dilemma is that i can't quite figure out what to put at the butt in place of the bow. the dress is a rather slim sheath with a train that attaches at the rear. i'm thinking an antique brooch...and...to make the train detachable? what do you think? is it do-able?

No comments: