Wednesday, May 28, 2008

kankalinhats


it's no secret that i love hats. when i was in high school, one of my mom's friends gave me a huge box full of her mother's hats from the 30's and 40's. it was heaven - pill boxes with little veils and hat clips galore...a vintage-lover's dream.


so when i started thinking about what kind of veil i wanted, i naturally gravitated toward the birdcage veil, and well...*a hat.*


now don't get me wrong...i don't want to look like sarah jessica parker at london's premiere of sex and the city. sorry sjp - i still heart you - but that hat is getting ready to flap off your head and back to the galapagos where mutants belong!


instead, i'm getting the lovely kristina from the etsy shop kankalinhats to create a lovely *hatling* for me, complete with an over-sized flower, quills, and a sweet little birdcage veil. i can't wait to see what she designs for me...but if her other hats are any indication, it will be whimsical and fantastic!

No comments: